KidTech's mission is to expose the diverse population of K-12 students to engineering, science and math using innovative curriculum, college and industry alliances, and a solid measure of equity and fun.
- Help bring engineering students and engineering professionals into school classrooms.
- Work with corporations to do effective engineering outreach to under-represented students.
- design and produce reasonably priced hands-on kits.
- work with teachers to supply hands-on kits and curriculum they want to see.
- have a great website to support innovative pre-college engineering outreach.
- KidTech works with the Pennsylvania State University, College of Engineering, to reach middle-school youth across central Pennsylvania. The Solar Car Challenge happens every Spring, with kits delivered to middle teachers and students in February, and the Great Solar Car Challenge event held in mid-May at Penn State/University Park. The following link provides information for students, parents, and anyone interested in the hands-on challenges of building and racing a small solar or battery-powered car.
Want more information? Contact us the old fashion way (mail, phone or FAX) at:
954 Oak Ridge Ave.
State College, PA 16801